If you would like to recycle your real Christmas Tree and stop it being sent to landfill, you can take your Tree to one of 12 locations for it to be collected and composted.
Trees can also be taken to any of the places below from 2 to 17 January 2015:
Around Ashchurch with Walton Cardiff Ward:
- Pamington Farm Christmas Tree Centre, Pamington
- Tewkesbury Garden Centre, The Mythe, Worcester Road, Tewkesbury
- Blooms, Evesham Road, Bishop’s Cleeve
Other locations across the Borough:
- Gotherington Nurseries, Gretton Road, Gotherington
- Toddington Garden Centre, Toddington Railway Yard, Toddington
- Norton Garden Centre, Tewkesbury Road, Down Hatherley
- GL3 Community Hub, Cheltenham Road East, Churchdown
- Dundry Nurseries, Bamfurlong Lane, Staverton
- Dawn Nurseries, Shurdington Road, Shurdington
- Greenway Nurseries, Main Road, Shurdington
- Wyevale Garden Centre, Shurdington Road, Brockworth
- Primrose Vale PYO, Shurdington Road, Bentham
Trees can also be taken to any of the Household Recycling Centres in Gloucestershire.
Alternatively, if you have subscribed to the Council’s garden waste collection service, you can recycle your trees in your brown garden waste bin. Trees must be in the bin and if they are taller than 8ft, must be cut in half to allow them to enter the collection vehicle safely.
Only real Christmas trees can be composted and all decorations must be removed beforehand.